Explore your pension options
If you have a defined contribution (personal or workplace) pension you choose how to take your money.
You can use this service to find out about:
- the options for taking your pension money
- how each option is taxed
- next steps to take
- questions to ask your provider
How it works
- You’ll get a brief summary of the 6 options for taking a defined contribution pension.
- Select the ones you’re most interested in for more detailed information.
- You can then choose extra information, eg how your pension is taxed.
- Print or download your summary.
Before you start
You need to have a defined contribution pension (not a final salary or career average pension).Start now
You can get help with the State Pension from the Pensions Service.